Last year's Summer Reading episode was such a success, we did it again for 2013. But this time we split it up, sharing our own book recommendations along with some guest recommendations from other HSW podcasters and friends of the show.
You'll want to listen in for all the details on why these books are worth your summer scrutiny, but this post will serve as a reference point for exact titles, authors and links for everyone involved. I've also denoted when selections are fiction, non fiction, young adult and/or comics. Now start perusing some books!
Robert Lamb Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- "The Beginning of Infinity: Explanations That Transform the World" by David Deutsch (NF)
- "Big Questions from Little People: and Simple Answers from Great Minds" by Gemma Elwin Harris (NF)
- "The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning" by Hallgrímur Helgason (F)
- "The Arrival" by Shaun Tan (F,C)
- "The Big Necessity" by Rose George (NF)
- "Ninety Percent of Everything" by Rose George (NF)
- "Wild Ones: A Sometimes Dismaying, Weirdly Reassuring Story About Looking at People Looking at Animals in America" by Jon Mooallem (NF)
Tracy V. Wilson
- "Doomsday Book" by Connie Willis (F)
- "Breasts: A Natural and Unnatural History" by Florence Williams (NF)
Robert Lamb is a senior writer and podcaster at HowStuffWorks, where he co-hosts Stuff to Blow Your Mind with Julie Douglas. He has a love for monsters, an aversion to slugs and a hankering for electronic music.